20 Port SmartPro Gigabit Switch D-Link DGS-1510-20:
- 16-port UTP 10/100/1000Mbps, 2-port Gigabit SFP; 2-port 10G SFP+ (H/W : A1, Rackmountable)/E: EU 2 round pin power cord, /B: UK 3-pin power cord.
- The DGS-1510-20 is D-Link’s latest generation of SmartPro switches with 10G port connectivity, making them ideal for deployment in SME/SMB aggregation environments. -The DGS-1510-20 provides a reliable and scalable interconnection between core switches and edge switches.
- The DGS-1510-20 PoE-enabled switches are ideal for businesses looking to power VoIP phones, wireless access points, or network cameras.
10G SFP+ Stacking/Uplink Ports
- Depending on whether linear or fault-tolerant ring stacking is implemented, users can use one or two 10-Gigabit SFP+ ports to create a physical stack. 6 units or 288 gigabit ports can be configured as a stack using optional direct attach cables to provide high bandwidth with cost efficiency.
- Users can also easily configure and manage any of the DGS-1510-20 in a single stack.
- With 20 Gbps full duplex capabilities, the DGS-1510-20 10G connectivity to core networks and servers while still maintaining fast data transfer rates.
Layer 3 Traffic Management
- The DGS-1510-20 provides static routing, allowing you to segment your network into workgroups and communicate across VLANs without degrading application performance.
- With these capabilities, you can boost the efficiency of your network by offloading internal traffic-handling tasks from your router, allowing it to manage external traffic and security.
Extensive Layer 2 Features
- The DGS-1510-20 switches are equipped with a complete lineup of Layer 2 features, including IGMP Snooping, Port Mirroring, Spanning Tree, and Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP).
- The IEEE 802.3x Flow Control function allows servers to directly connect to the switch for fast, reliable data transfer.
- Network maintenance features include Loopback Detection and Cable Diagnostics; Loopback Detection is used to detect loops created by a specific port or VLAN and will automatically shut down the affected port or VLAN.
- The Cable Diagnostics feature, designed primarily for administrators and customer service representatives, can determine cable quality and can quickly discover sections of cabling that need to be replaced.
Traffic Classification & QoS
- The DGS-1510-20 supports Auto Surveillance VLAN (ASV) and Auto Voice VLAN, which are best suited for VoIP and video surveillance deployments.
- Auto Surveillance VLAN is a new, industry-leading technology built into D-Link Smart Switches.
- This technology consolidates data and surveillance video transmission through a single SmartPro switch, sparing businesses the expense of maintaining expensive dedicated hardware and facilities.
- ASV also ensures the quality of real-time video for monitoring and control without compromising the transmission of conventional network data.
- The Auto Voice VLAN technology enhances VoIP service by automatically placing voice traffic from an IP phone to an assigned VLAN.
- With higher priority and an individual VLAN, these features guarantee the quality and security of VoIP traffic.
- Furthermore, the DSCP markings on Ethernet packets enable different levels of service to be assigned to network traffic.
- As a result, these voice and video packets take precedence over other packets ensuring uninterrupted VoIP for network users.
Secure your Network
- D-Link’s innovative Safeguard Engine protects DGS-1510-20 against traffic flooding caused by malicious attacks.
- The series also supports 802.1X portbased authentication, allowing the network to be authenticated through external RADIUS servers.
- The DGS-1510-20 supports both MAC and Web-based access control.
- These provide a user-friendly way to alleviate deployment time, giving customers an effective and efficient authentication choice.
- With an Access Control List (ACL), the DGS-1510-20 both enhances network security and helps to protect the internal IT network by screening ingress traffic based on any user defined content.
- The DGS-1510-20 includes ARP Spoofing Prevention, which protects from attacks on the Ethernet network that may allow an intruder to sniff data frames, modify traffic, or bring traffic to a halt altogether by sending fake ARP messages to the network.
- For added security, the DHCP Server Screening feature screens rogue DHCP server packets from user ports to prevent unauthorized IP assignment.
- The DGS-1510-20 is IPv6 ready and supports various IPv6 functions such as MLD Snooping, IPv6 ACL/QoS, and IP-MAC-Port Binding (IMPB) to ensure seamless integration of next generation networks.
- The DGS-1510-20 also supports an IPv4/v6 dual stack function that allows the switch to act as a bridge between IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
- The DGS-1510-20 supports virtual stacking via D-Link’s Single IP Management (SIM), allowing up to 32 devices to be managed via a single IP address.
- This simplifies management of small workgroups or wiring closets while reducing the number of IP addresses needed in your network.
- The DGS-1510-20 provides a D-Link Network Assistant Utility and a webbased management interface that enables administrators to easily set up and remotely manage their networks.
- The D-Link Network Assistant Utility allows customers to easily discover and perform initial setup on multiple D-Link products simultaneously.
- This greatly reduces the deployment time for services required by network administrators such as device firmware upgrades, configuration backup and restoration, setting IP addresses, or even solution deployment like ASV.
- The DGS-1510-20 also supports fully featured Command Line Interface (CLI) and SNMP MIBs.
- It provides the capability of central management in a large scale network.
- CLI management of the switches is also available via a console port.
- With out-of-band manageability, accessing the switch is still possible even if its network data plane is overwhelmed by bulk or malicious traffic.
- The DGS-1510-20 switches are capable of conserving power without sacrificing operational performance or functionality by using D-Link Green 3.0 technology.
- Using the 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet standard, the network will automatically decrease power usage when traffic is low.
- For environments not fully supporting the standard, DGS-1510-20 switches offer advanced powersaving settings including port shutoff, LED shutoff, and system hibernation based on custom scheduling profiles.
- The profiles can also be applied to the PoE switch so that there is no unnecessary power consumption during off hours.