10GbE Direct Attach SFP+ Cable D-Link DEM-CB700S:
- 10-GbE SFP+ 7m Direct Attach Cable for all D-Link 10GbE switches.
- The DEM-CB700S is designed to support connections1 for 10Gbps Gigabit Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet switches with 10Gbps Gigabit Ethernet uplink, much more faster than SFP which only supports 2.5Gbps Gigabit Ethernet.
Ideal for High-Bandwidth Operations
- The DEM-CB700S supports speeds of up to 10Gbps, while having lower latency and power consumption than other cables types such as 10GBASE-CX4 and CAT6/CAT6A 10GBASE-T.
- This makes it an optimal solution for handling high bandwidth transmission within short distances such as inside energy-efficient data centers.
Enhanced Small Form-factor Pluggable Format
- The DEM-CB700S uses Enhanced Small Form-factor Pluggable format (SFP+) connectors.
- The SFP+ form factor is smaller than other form factors such as Xenpak, X2, and 10G XFP, resulting in lower costs, lower power disruption, and higher port density.
- Meanwhile SFP+ connectors use the same space-per-port as standard SFP connectors but support higher data transmission speeds.
Save on Costs
- The DEM-CB700S features SFP+ connectors on both ends, thus eliminating the need for expensive SFP+ transceivers.
- This makes it more cost-effective than fiber cables which must use SFP+ transceivers.