5 Port Gigabit PoE Smart Managed Switch and PoE Extender D-Link DGS-1100-05PD:
- 5-port UTP 802.3af PoE 10/100/1000Mbps (Port 1-2 Up to 15.4W per port, Port 5 : PD Input 802.3af PoE or 802.3at PoE+, Power Budget (PoE Passthrough): Up to 18W with 802.3at PD input / 8W with 802.3af PD input, No Power Adapter (Powered via PoE PD Port).
D-Link Green/Power Saving Performance
- Compliant with IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE), these switches consume less energy by cutting down on power consumption when port utilization is low.
- By deploying EEE devices, users can cut operating costs and reduce necessary cooling equipment, helping small and medium-sized businesses stay within their budgets.
- The DGS-1100-05PD switches also feature D-Link Green Technology that helps save energy automatically.
- The switches monitor the link status of every port and reduce power consumption on the interface when there is no link or no network traffic detected.
Easy to deployment
- The DGS-1100-05PD switches support an intuitive client-based utility (D-Link Network Assistant Utility) and a web-based management interface.
- The client-based utility discovers all D-Link Smart Switches within the same Layer 2 network segment, making initial setup quick and easy.
- This allows extensive switch configuration and basic administration of discovered devices, including password changes and firmware upgrades.
- The web-based management interface provides a user-friendly way for network administrators to manage the switch down to the port level.
- The interface can be accessed from a web browser, allowing the switch to be controlled from any networkconnected PC.
Surveillance VLAN and Bandwidth Control
- The DGS-1100-05PD switches support Surveillance VLAN for IP surveillance deployments.
- This gives video traffic a dedicated VLAN and higher priority through the switch, separating surveillance traffic from the rest of the network.
- This also ensures security, and guarantees the quality of the video traffic, sparing businesses the added cost of dedicated surveillance networking hardware.
- Bandwidth Control can reserve bandwidth on a per port basis for important functions that require larger bandwidth or might have high priority.
- The DGS-1100-05PD is a unique 5-port switch which must be powered by an upstream 802.3af or 802.3at compliant PoE switch/injector through its port 5.
- The switch also has the ability to propagate PoE power further downstream to PDs connected to its ports 1 and 2.
- The amount of power available to PDs is dependent on the PoE source (802.3af or 802.3at) and the PD’s PoE Classification.
- The DGS-1100-05PD Series switches are equipped with advanced security features such as Static MAC, Storm Control, and IGMP Snooping.
- Static MAC allows users to create a MAC whitelist for specific ports, helping administrators limit network access to authorized devices only.
- Storm Control monitors broadcast, multicast, or unknown unicast traffic and will start blocking or discarding packets which could flood the network when the defined threshold is exceeded.
- IGMP Snooping is able to reduce the loading of L3 multicast routers and save bandwidth in network throughput.
- The DGS-1100-05PD Series switches feature Loopback Detection and Cable Diagnostics to help network administrators find and solve network problems quickly and easily.
- Loopback Detection is used to detect loops created by a specific port and automatically shuts down the affected port.
- Cable Diagnostics helps network administrators quickly examine the quality of the copper cables, recognize the cable type, and detect cable errors.