24-port Gigabit Smart Managed Switch D-Link DGS-1100-24:
- DGS-1100-24 Series Gigabit Smart Managed Switches provide an affordable solution for businesses of all sizes that require simple network management. The DGS-1100-24 switches consist of 5, 8, 16, and 24 Gigabit port models with a wide variety of functions and features. The 5 and 8 port models come in compact metal desktop enclosures, while the 16 and 24 port models come in metal enclosures that support either desktop or rack mounting.
D-Link Green / Power Saving Performance
- Compliant with IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE), these switches consume less energy by cutting down on power consumption when port utilization is low. By deploying EEE devices, users can cut operating costs and reduce necessary cooling equipment, helping small and medium-sized businesses stay within their budgets.
- The DGS-1100-24 switches also feature D-Link Green Technology that helps save energy automatically. The switches monitor the link status of every port and reduce power consumption on the interface when there is no link or no network traffic detected.
Easy to Deployment
- The DGS-1100-24 switches support an intuitive client-based utility (D-Link Network Assistant Utility) and a web-based management interface. The client-based utility discovers all D-Link Smart Switches within the same Layer 2 network segment, making initial setup quick and easy. This allows extensive switch configuration and basic administration of discovered devices, including password changes and firmware upgrades. The web-based management interface provides a user-friendly way for network administrators to manage the switch down to the port level. The interface can be accessed from a web browser, allowing the switch to be controlled from any network-connected PC.
Surveillance VLAN and Bandwidth Control
- The DGS-1100-24 switches support Surveillance VLAN for IP surveillance deployments. This gives video traffic a dedicated VLAN and higher priority through the switch, separating surveillance traffic from the rest of the network. This also helps to ensure the quality of the video traffic, sparing businesses the added cost of dedicated surveillance networking hardware. Bandwidth Control can reserve bandwidth on a per port basis for important functions that require larger bandwidth or might have high priority.